Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

New Beginnings

Beginnings have always been hard for me.  Beginnings mark a change, and change is often hard and scary.  However, I am learning a new connotation to the word "beginning".  This summer has marked many new beginnings for me.  New husband, new name, new home, new car.  Of course, a beginning wouldn't truly be a beginning without some photo documentation.

Me and my husband! 
New name! Officially married.
The new ride :-)
I had told friends and family that I was ready for things to settle down after the big wedding, but the planets aligned in a certain way this year to throw even more change my way!  As the dog days of summer near their end, I am preparing to start a new year at Ridge Middle School in a brand NEW classroom with a brand NEW instructional model.  More new beginnings!  

My summer "classroom set-up" has looked a lot different this year.  Instead of heading to Target to buy the newest bulletin board borders, I find myself reading and tweeting and pinning and reading some more and...now blogging to prepare for this new change in my classroom.

In my three short years as a teacher, I have come to the conclusion that I need to make learning much more meaningful for my students.  This blog will serve as my journal throughout this new beginning with hopes of creating more new beginnings for each of my students.  Be on the look out, they will be blogging too!

No comments:

Post a Comment